Re: Resolution to republish MSP as a note

Thanks Olivier, good points! More inline...

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 9:29 AM, olivier Thereaux <olivier.thereaux@bbc.co.uk
> wrote:

> Hi Jussi, hi all.
>
> On 6 Aug 2012, at 19:31, Jussi Kalliokoski wrote:
> > With the recent disagreements on very fundamental design elements of the
> API, and now that we have more vendors aboard, I thought it might be a good
> time to revisit the decision of dropping development on the Media Streams
> Processing API and publishing it as a note.
>

> While that is an option (with some serious consequences), let me remind
> the group that:
>
> 1) The decision to focus on the web audio API draft as a basis for our
> final spec was motivated by the significant industry traction / adoption,
> and

It might be a good idea to have the links to the reviews made by the
industry in a Wiki page or something? (Do we already?)

Also, IIRC most of the reviews were made only for the Web Audio API, I'd
suspect without really giving the MSP API a read.

2) We published MediaStreamProcessing as a note with a view to use it as
> input into the web audio API. I know the two approaches are quite
> different, but I would rather see a genuine attempt at integrating the best
> of MSP in the Web Audio API than a complete u-turn.

Cheers,
Jussi