Re: oscillators and the Web Audio API

Hello Jussi,

Thanks for responding.

On 2/7/12 12:17 AM, Jussi Kalliokoski wrote:
> Of course, it would be fairly trivial to port most of my algorithms
> to C, and have them as native modules for greater performance
> benefits, but I don't think I have enough time to do that right now.
> :/

I agree that the basic oscillators and noise generators should be native
modules.  I have some native 'C' code from JSyn that could be used. I
use a Taylor expansion to calculate the sine oscillator, which is very
efficient. I also have two algorithms for making bandlimited sawtooth
oscillators. The band-limited square and pulse are generated by adding
two sawtooth waves and scaling.  For pink noise I use an optimized
algorithm worked out here:

   http://www.firstpr.com.au/dsp/pink-noise/

Phil Burk
www.softsynth.com