Re: New draft WG charter

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-audio/2012AprJun/0412.html
http://www.w3.org/2012/05/23-audio-minutes.html#item02
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-audio/2012AprJun/0437.html

> I am only highlighting that the MIDI spec is planed to publish its first Public draft Q3 2012 (9 months after the PFWD of Web Audio API Dec 2011) and it is planned to reach CR Q2 2013 (at the same time as the MIDI spec).
> This seem very optimistic, under these considerations:
> - The Web Audio API spec was elaborated a long time before it became a FPWD in the Audio WG, during the incubator Group. There are already implementations.
>
> - Currently the MIDI spec is only a initial draft. The implementation experience is low.
>
> I certainly will not oppose to these milestones, just checking that they are credible.

These milestones are guesswork based on their relative complexity, and an exercise in finding balance between our commitment to quality/interoperability and suitable time to market.

I haven't seen any comment from the group since the last batch of numbers were proposed (and Doug's draft does have the right numbers) but if you wish to suggest another timeline and make a case for it, please do.

Olivier