Re: Aiding early implementations of the web audio API

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM, Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com> wrote:

> I think we *are* exposing the most important primitives in the Web Audio
> API already.  And we've already discussed that worker-based processing is a
> good thing, which should be part of the spec.

Yet we are making them a part of the framework so that they can't be used
for other applications than audio or even all applications of audio (think
completely custom code, for example defining a new language for audio
processing built on the web, or porting the existing ones, they wouldn't be
able to present powerful primitive functions for convolution or FFT even
when the native implementations already exist in the browser). These aren't
useful tools just for audio.