Re: Missing information in the Web Audio spec

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:

> I understand that that is well defined. Very small delays do impose
> significant implementation constraints, however.

What I'm getting at, of course, is that if you have a very large arbitrary
cycle of nodes, containing a single DelayNode which delays by a single
sample, then you need to iterate over all the nodes in the cycle producing
one output sample per node, once per sample. That will require alternative
code paths to the normal, more efficient paths that use SIMD to process
multiple samples per node.

than others?" [Matthew 5:43-47]