Re: [WebAudioAPI] connecting AudioNodes from different AudioContexts

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:
>
>> On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 8:21 AM, Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry Olli, the spec needs to be more explicit that an exception will be
>>> thrown because connections between AudioNodes of different contexts are not
>>> allowed.
>>

>> Why aren't they allowed? It doesn't seem hard to implement. If you're
>> supporting MediaStreams integration then it's similar to
>> context2.createMediaStreamNode(node1.stream).
>>

> Because different AudioContexts may be running at different sample-rates,

So resample.

> and even at faster than real-time (as soon as I add OfflineAudioContext).
>  So this will not be allowed.

So then disallow connections between faster-than-real-time and real-time
nodes.

We'll have to figure something out for media stream and media element
integration with OfflineAudioContext anyway.

than others?" [Matthew 5:43-47]