Re: MediaStream integration

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:

> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/audio/raw-file/tip/webaudio/webrtc-integration.html
>
> Only being able to capture the output of an entire context seems
> unnecessarily limiting. Instead of context.createMediaStreamDestination(),
> you could add "readonly attribute MediaStream stream;" to AudioNode.

Hi Robert, sorry if there was any confusion about this.  I haven't written
up any explanation for this API yet, but hope to add it to the main Web
Audio API editor's draft soon:
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/audio/raw-file/tip/webaudio/specification.html

The intention is that context.createMediaStreamDestination() will create a
destination node that a sub-graph can connect to.  So it's not capturing
the output of the entire context (context.destination).  In theory, it
should be possible to call context.createMediaStreamDestination() multiple
times, each of which sends out to a different remote peer with different
processing.

> I think authors will expect createMediaStreamSource(stream).stream (or the
> equivalent trivial graph using context.createMediaStreamDestination()) to
> be semantically a no-op (except for the output having only one audio
> track). I think we should make sure it is.

I think so, if I understand you correctly.