Intro (Was: TPAC minutes, Wiki housekeeping)

Hi Thierry, all.

On 30/11/2011 17:23, Thierry MICHEL wrote:
> Olivier,
>
> Welcome to the Audio WG, and Congratulation for it as Co chair.
> Looking forward to work with you,

Thank you! The congratulations are a bit premature, I'm afraid, but I'm
happy to be joining the group indeed.

For those of you whom I haven't met at TPAC, a few words of
introduction: I work in London for the BBC. I also have a long history
with the W3C… I was part of W3C staff for almost 8 years, active in the
Systems team (I took care of the validators for a while, among other
things), the Communications team and the QA activity where I was the IG
co-chair for a while.

As AC Rep for the BBC, I have had several discussions in the past year
about this WG (in which my BBC R&D colleague  Chris Lowis has been
participating since the days of the Audio XG) and we were wondering how
the BBC could help any further.

Both chair and staff contacts seemed to agree that bringing in someone
with a good knowledge of the BBC mores and process - even without
extensive expertise in the audio domain - could help the group work
better and faster. So… here I am. Whether I am joining as regular
participant or co-chair will depend on the opinion of the group and the
decision of the W3C Director and management; regardless, I am looking
forward to working with you and meeting you at our next teleconferences
and f2f meetings.

Cheers,
Olivier
--