Re: Adding Web Audio API Spec to W3C Repository

Hi, Paul-

Olli Pettay wrote (on 6/14/11 11:01 AM):
> On 06/14/2011 05:51 PM, Paul Bakaus wrote:
>>
>> HTML5 Appcache offline caching sounds good, if this is defining that
>> audio and video data is to be cached in an offline cache.
>>
>> The HTML audio element would certainly be enough to meet our current
>> demands. Implementations are broken, incomplete or perform too bad. We
>> have yet to discover a single browser without audio issues.
>
> I hope you have filed bugs about the issues you've seen.
> That is the way to get problems fixed in implementations.

And a very pragmatic way to make sure that implementations are reliable
is to make sure that the test suite is adequate.  I suggest that y'all:

1) look for any relevant tests in the existing HTML test suite
1a) review the tests to make sure they are correct

2) create and contribute tests for any missing behavior

3) file bugs with implementations, pointing to the spec and the tests

4) if you feel that the spec is missing something, or disagree with the
spec, propose changes to the spec

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Staff Contact, SVG, WebApps, Web Events, and Audio WGs