Re: Web MIDI Synths

From: James Ingram <j.ingram@netcologne.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 10:53:19 +0200
To: public-audio-dev@w3.org
I'm developing a non-commercial, open source software synthesizer for
use on the web [1][2], and am now writing some custom SysEx messages for
it. That means, I think, that I need a custom Device-ID before I go public.

The Complete MIDI 1.0  Detailed Specification says:
"Special ID 7D is reserved for non-commercial use (e.g. schools,
research, etc.) and is not to be used on any product released to the
public."

I wrote to midi.org a few days ago asking for advice and/or an ID, but
have not yet had a reply.

Is there anyone here who can help?

All the best,
James Ingram

[1] GitHub: https://github.com/notator/ResidentWAFSynthHost (development
is going on in a private copy of this repo.)
[2] Public Web Application:
https://james-ingram-act-two.de/open-source/ResidentWAFSynthHost/host.html