Web Audio Crashes in Chrome 52+

From: David Joy <david@noteflight.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 20:16:33 +0000
To: public-audio-dev@w3.org
To any Chrome developers listening on this list:

Noteflight is a Web Audio-heavy application, and since the release of
Chrome 52, we've been experiencing a sharp increase in the volume of crash
reports ("Aw, Snap" page) from our Noteflight users. Chrome 53 appears to
exhibit the same problems; Canary (55) may be better, although it's
difficult to be sure.

We are wondering if you are aware of any instabilities introduced in Chrome
52 to Web Audio applications, and whether any workarounds or fixes are
available in the near term. We've filed a crash report in the Chromium
bugbase (642056) that may implicate audio as an ingredient in the crashes,
although it's hard to be sure.

Best, and thanks,

-David Joy
--