Question about audio device selection

From: Philippe Cohen <philc@audyx.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 17:04:04 +0300
To: public-audio-dev@w3.org
Hello Web Audio Developer community -

I am having hard time to understand the w3c position regarding output audio devices selection. I was glad to see that the Enumeration has been defined and is being implemented (at least in Chrome) but I do not see yet any sign of defining the selection of an audio device.

Iíve paid attention that in https://code.google.com/p/webrtc/issues/detail?id=3606 webrtc was opening a discussion about this very important feature few months ago, and I feel that it can be very useful to decide when to direct audio to headset vs. to speakers in many circumstances but I do not see any reaction.

Could you please clarify where the specifications efforts stand in term of device enumeration and selection ?

Thanks very much in advance -

Philippe Cohen

Philippe Cohen | CTO
CELL +972.52.3454100 | SKYPE: philjosephcohen
Changing Audiology