Re: navigator.requestMIDIAccess() not defined in Chrome extensions

This doesn't exactly answer your question, but as a workaround perhaps you
could use the cache manifest?

http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/appcache/beginner/

It has worked well for me when performing, although I haven't been using
MIDI.

- Charlie