Re: [Agenda] WG/CG Telecon Thurs Mar 11 9:00 am PST

Attendees:  Michel Buffa, Hongchan Choi, Jack Schaedler, Ruth John, Raymond
Toy, Christoph Guttandin, Athanasios Malamos, Matthew Paradis, Chris
Lilley, Don Brutzman

Minutes:

   - Admin
      - Daylight savings in the US starts Mar 14, so the meetings will be
      9am PDT.  I think that means it will start one hour earlier if
you're still
      on standard time.
   - V1
      - CR and Rec Status
         - Testimonials
      - 7 of 10 Outstanding issues
         - Please address the issues in the spec.
         - Hongchan: I think that's 5 that need work, not counting the ones
         in progress
         - Raymond: I think there's actually 6 now that need PRs
      - PRs
         - Please review the PRs if you're a reviewer
      - V2
      - priority-1 issues
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Apriority-1>
         - Render capacity
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/40>
            - Hongchan: Waiting for Chrome privacy discussion
            - Raymond: I think we need a more concrete proposal of what we
            want.  Then let the privacy team tell us what is wrong.
         - Render quantum size
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/13>
            - Raymond: Nothing new, but leaning to requiring powers of 2
            from 64 to 2048.
         - Headphone detection
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/89>
            - Honghcan: Exploring platform APIs.  Looks promiising but
            needs work.
         - Input only / muted AudioContext
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/83>
            - Raymond: Linked to sinkID, which we haven't decided on.
            - Christoph: Yes, that's where we left off.
            - Raymond: Still needs work.
            - Jack: Seems nice to have, but I wouldn't put it above other
            P1 issues... Maybe it's P1.5? :)
         - High-res time in AudioWorkletGlobalScope
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/77>
            - Jack: Do people want this beyond perf profiling?
            - Hongchan: Can build your own perf tracer, but that already
            exists.
            - Chris: Can we say the world has moved on and is handled in
            other ways,so we can close this?
            - Hongchan: Yes
            - Jack: Yes
            - [Don comments on github issue]
            - Raymond: How?
            - Don: Speculative, but may need it for high res audio
            effects.  May have a demo by the end of the year
            - Raymond: Maybe the approach here is keep open but reduce
            priority?
            - [Raymond to remove priority]
         - Hard-sync of two oscillators
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/1>
            - Chris: Not BW-limited and that's ok?
            - Raymond: I don't know anything about hard-sync osc.  Is that
            ok?
            - Hongchan: May need a new node.
            - Chris: Maybe so.
            - Hongchan: Maybe use a worklet?
            - Chris: Yeah, that goes for just about everything.  But it's a
            standard feature in many DAWs, so it's natural to have it.  If it's
            complex, we can't expect people to create it.
            - Jack: Could be a worklet, but a native node has advantages
            (speed) so it makes sense to have one.
            - Raymond: Maybe need references for this?
            - Chris: With phase offset, we can do this, but not bandlimited.
            - [Chris describes techniques that I didn't capture]
            - Jack: That all makes sense to me.
            - Raymond: This is a good idea for someone to prototype in a
            worklet
            - Jack: That's a very good idea. :D
         - Others?
      - AOB
      - [Raymond to create poll on when to have F2F]
      - Raymond: Chris, is there any particular date we need to be ready in
      May for Rec?
      - Chris; Only constraint is avoiding the AC meeting.  We need
      testimonials about a month before so it can be reviewed,  We're kind of
      currently gated on open issues
      - Raymond: Then the F2F could help out in closing the last few issues.
      - Chris: That would be great