Re: [Agenda] WG/CG Telecon Thurs Jun 3, 9:00 am PDT

Attendees: Michel Buffa, Jeff Switzer, Raymond Toy, Chris Lilley, Hongchan
Choi, Paul Adenot

Minutes:

   - Recommendation:
      - Chris: No opposition, b17 for, but one abstain.  Apple has not
      responded.
   - V1
      - New issues
         - Bikeshed failures
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/2349>
            - Raymond: This is a bikeshed problem which means we can't land
            any new changes because links are broken; we'll have to
wait for bikeshed
            to fix these.
         - Current issues <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues>
         - MathJax warnings
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/2347>
         - ECMA262 Completion links
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/2339>
         - WebIDL no longer defines "present"
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/2338>
      - V2
      - New issues
         - DeconvolverNode
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/129>
            - Raymond: I don't think that's something we want to do.
            - Michel: Don't think it's a real-time process. It's a heavy
            offline processing better done with other software.
            - Raymond: The wikipedia page makes it look pretty hard, and
            the use case is very narrow.  It's better done by the user
in a worklet or
            something.
            - Chris: It's a well-known process to get impulse responses.
            - Michel: I feel it's out of scope for the API.
            - Conclusion: Out of scope
         - 16 Priority-1 issues
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Apriority-1>
         - Render capacity
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/40>
            - Hongchan: Internal privacy discussions ongoing, but thinks we
            expose 160 bits of data because we have one long and int values.
            - Hongchan: Could limit precision, so 0 -100 by 10.
            - Hongchan: Or by steps of 1
            - Paul: That's what Ableton does.
            - Hongchan: What about a boolean under-runs.
            - Raymond: I think a boolean is too coarse.  One under-run per
            interval is not nearly as bad as a million.
            - Hongchan: So perhaps a percentage?
            - Hongchan: Is there any precedence for this?
            - Paul: CSS has some
            - Raymond: ComputePressure has something like this, but that's
            a new API.
            - Hongchan: I'll talk to the privacy team about these ideas.
         - Render quantum size
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/13>
            - Raymond: Explainer up, and Chris has  reviewed it.  Was going
            to make a PR, but didn't know where it should go: V1 or
V2? Probably V1?
            - Paul: Sounds good to put in V1.
         - Others?
            - Paul: Nothing new to report about WebCodecs.
            - Paul: Can now decode directly to shared  buffer, including
            the WASM heap.
            - Hongchan: How do you copy to WASM?
            - Paul: Use a copy method that takes a destination parameter
            than can be a shared array or WASM.  The method will produce either
            planar or interleaved format, and outputs in the desired bit format.
            - [Discussion on how this works]
         - AOB

See you all next week, when we hopefully have a Recommendation at last.