Re: [Agenda] WG/CG Telecon Thurs Jul 15, 9:00 am PDT

Attendees:  Jeff Switzer, Matthew Paradis, Paul Adenot, Christoph
Guttandin, Raymond Toy

Minutes

   - Admin
      - Review of process to update the spec
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/2362>
      - [Raymond shows different options]
      - Paul:  The second option looks nice. 2368 looks best to keep the
      scope as narrow as possible.  Important for huge algorithms.
      - Raymond: I'll clean it up and use 2368 for the final.
   - V1
      - PRs
         - Fix typo in VUMeterNode
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/pull/2356>
         - Fix #2339: Fix ecma262 completion
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/pull/2350>
         - Use new Web IDL buffer primitives
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/pull/2363>
            - This needs to go first.  All others need to be rebased from
            this since it has all the infrastructure for the candidate
            changes/additions.
         - RangeError for only for negative cancelTime
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/pull/2352>
         - User-selectable render size
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/pull/2369>
            - Raymond: Some problems with bikeshed.  For example, can't
            just mark the new added attribute because bikeshed ignores
that.  But doing
            the whole IDL block causes bikeshed errors because of
duplicated objects.
            But it looks like links work ok; you end up at the first IDL block.
            - Paul: We'll just have to deal with it; we have the
            infrastructure to keep track of errors.
         - V2
      - 16 Priority-1 issues
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Apriority-1>
         - AudioBuffer bit depth
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/11>
            - Raymond: Thought we wanted a way to allow users to specify
            the bit depth.
            - Paul: For webcodec, we can add an api to use the existing
            buffer as backing store for the AudioBuffer.
            - Raymond: Ah, then I could create an int16 array and pass that
            to the AudioBuffer as the backing store.  This should
satisfy everyone's
            needs.
            - Paul to update issue with discussion.
         - AOB