Re: [Agenda] WG/CG Telecon Thurs Jan 14 9:00 am PST

Attendees:  Ruth John, Raymond Toy, Chris Lilley, Jeff Switzer

Minutes:

   - V1
      - CR Status
         - Chris Lilley: CR released with updated impl report
         - Chris: Need testimonials; some examples will be sent out soon
      - Outstanding issues
         - ABSN.start control messages
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/2248>
         - Invoking JS in the rendering loop needs a bunch of setup that
         doesn't seem to be in the spec
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/1967> and
Integration
         between event-loop of AudioWorkletGlobalScope and rendering loop
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/2008>
         - PRs
         - Fix #2248: Clean up ABSN start algorithm
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/pull/2286>
         - Fix #2281: CR 2020-12-15
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/pull/2283>
         - Finished
            - Raymond: Need to update the branch with the new impl report
            and then add label so we know what was used to create the CR.
         - V2
      - Issues
         - NoiseGenerator
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/8>: Updates
         on using bigint
            - Raymond: Paul not here, so no news.
         - priority-1 issues
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Apriority-1>
         - Select audio device
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/10>, get
         device change notification, audio config
            - Raymond: continuing where we left off.  It's app specific so
            we need hooks to allow apps to choose behavior.
         - Render capacity
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/40>
            - Raymond: Do we still want high-water/low-water marks for
            messages?  But if devs are going to poll every video
frame, not needed?
            - Ruth: uneasy about polling.
            - Raymond: May want to allow devs to choose how much smoothing
            to do.
            - Chris: May want to have fast attack and slow release for the
            peak.
         - Render quantum size
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/13>
            - Raymond: Need agreement on API; the API probably won't be
            affected by whatever constraints we choose to add.
            - Ruth: I agree; people are vested in this so we want to get it
            out.
         - Others?
      - priority-2  issues
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+sort%3Aupdated-desc+label%3Apriority-2>