Re: [Agenda] WG/CG Telecon Thurs Apr 8 9:00 am PDT

Attendees:  Michel Buffa, Jeff Switzer, Raymond Toy, Athanasios Malamos,
Paul Adenot, Don Brutzman

Minutes:

   - Admin
      - Choose meeting date: May 3 or May 10 which accommodates all who
      voted, or some other date.
         - Raymond: Votes for May 10, 9am
         - Michel: Won't be available on May 10 ,but other days are ok.
         - Paul: Both May 3 and 10 work.
         - Raymond: Not many people on call. Maybe wait until next week to
         decide?
         - Jeff: Both dates work for everyone. Just pick a date?
         - Decision: May 10, 9 am.
         - Michel: May 13 is a holiday. (Bank Holiday)
         - Raymond:  Maybe do 10-12, and 17-21?
         - Paul: That works.
         - Decision: May 10-12, 17-21, 9-11 am PDT.
      - V1
      - CR and Rec Status
         - Michel: Sent testimonial.
         - Paul: Mozilla will have some statement.; may have blog post on
         audio on the web history.  Things like css background audio
from long ago.
         Collecting anecdotes and old posts.
         - Raymond: History sounds really cool.
         - Raymond: Need to do my statement.  Next week.
         - Paul: Implementing offline suspend looks easy.
         - Raymond: That should fix up lots of minor test failures.
         - Michel: Any news on MIDI on FF?
         - Paul: Nothing new yet.
      - New issues
         - Links go to inconsistent places
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/2316>
            - Raymond: Not sure what to do about it.
            - Jeff: Looks like a casing issue.  Section id is "audionode",
            but IDL is also "audionode".  Which is different from
AudioContext, whiere
            section is "AudioContext" but the IDL is "audiocontext".
            - Raymond: Seems like a pretty easy fix then.
            - Paul; I can do the update
         - No outstanding old non-admin issues except:
         - Security review
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/2254>
      - 2 PRs (admin)
         - Update change log
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/pull/2315>
         - Update implementation and test reports
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/pull/2313>

         - V2
      - New issues
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22Needs+WG+Review%22>
      :
         - Allow PannerNodes to have Volume
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/122>
            - Raymond: They want sources to have spatial extent.
            - Paul: Wonder how cold fusion with a source and walls works?
            - Raymond: Some kind of ray-tracing?
            - Paul:  Yes.
            - Paul; Wonder if Unity has something like this?
            - Paul: Looking at Unity docs for audio source.  Similar to
            what we do.  Looks like a point source.
            - Raymond: Maybe ask if OP knows of any system that does this?
            Then we can start looking.
            - Paul: Unreal engine has a shape and inner radius parameters,
            so there is some kind of "volume" concept.
         - 16 Priority-1 issues
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Apriority-1>
         - Render capacity
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/40>
            - Raymond: Hongchan will post a more complete API next week.
         - Render quantum size
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/13>
            - Raymond : Explainer in progress
         - AOB
      - Paul: WebCodecs goiing well with exposing AudioBuffer.  Not doing
      encoding/decoding in WebAudio is going to work out well.  WebCodecs
      looks like it will do everything that we needed.

See you all next week!