Re: [Agenda] WG/CG Telecon Thurs Sep 23, 9:00 am PDT

Attendees: Jeff Switzer, Christoph Guttandin, Paul Adenot, Raymond Toy,
Attila Haraszti

Minutes:

   - TPAC 2020
      - Doodle poll says 9am is ok. Tentatively settled for now.
   - V1
      - Next steps for recommendation: Chris Lilley not available
      - Outstanding issues
         - In-progress PR for FrozenArray
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/1933> will be
         reviewed by Karl (Mozilla)
      - New issue
         - Simple typo
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/2248> on when
         control messages are sent
      - V2
      - PR-Preview <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/98>
      and Travis CI <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/96>
      :
         - Paul will look into this since he did it for V1.
      - PR for initial V2 spec text boilerplate
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/pull/95> to be reviewed
      by Paul.
      - Selectable render size
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/13>
         - Paul to write up IDL proposal.
      - Priority 1 issues
         - Hard sync for Oscillator
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/1>
            - Getting a good API will be hard
            - Paul:  May want another output port for an Oscillator
            representing the phase. This feeds into phaseReset AudioParam.
            - Jeff: Need some thought.
            - Ray:  How do DAWs do this?
            - Paul: They all have either the phase or comparator to
            indicate hard sync.
            - Paul: Summarizes in the issue.
            - Review paper on hard sync linked by Chris L.
         - Phase offset for oscillator
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/9>
            - Paul: setting phase can create jumps that are not
            bandlimited.  Is that what we want?
            - Needs more research into how this should behave.
            - Investigate how DAWs behave with offsets?
            - Paul updates issues with comments.
            - [Time ran out.]

Thanks everyone and see you all next week!