From: Joanmarie Diggs [mailto:jdiggs@igalia.com]
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2016 9:51 AM
To: Gunderson, Jon R <jongund@illinois.edu>
Cc: cooper@w3.org; Rich Schwerdtfeger <richschwer@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Meeting to discuss automated tool for testing ARIA implementation for ATK

On 06/17/2016 10:40 AM, Gunderson, Jon R wrote:
> Joanie,
>
> I just want to ask you the following questions:
>
> 1. What format do you need the test cases

This should not be platform-specific. The group should figure out a format that can be used on all platforms.

> 2. What format(s) can you support to export results

Nothing proprietary. What format(s) are needed?

> 3. What ARIA 1.1 features can you test automatically and what will not
> be able to be tested automatically (if any)

My goal is to be able to test all features automatically. And I think this should be true for all platforms; not just mine.

> 4. What stage of development are yo at and what would help you to
> build the tool

Barely started. And what would help me right now is having time to focus on it. After I port what is currently done for Windows to GNU/Linux, I will have thoughts on proposed changes and missing support needed to make all ARIA features testable in a cross-platform-friendly way. When I have something fleshed out enough to share, I'll make it available (e.g.
via github).

--joanie