From: Alexis Leite <alexisleite@live.com>
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2023 8:38 AM
To: public-aria-practices@w3.org
Subject: [en] Layout Grid Examples

Hello,

My name is Alexis and I'm a frontend developer, very interested in following
the practices recommended by Wai-Aria. I have found what may be an error,
either in an example or NVDA assistive tools, but I have no good arguments
to determine which of them.

The issue can be found in the following link
https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/apg/patterns/grid/examples/layout-grids/

in the "Example 3: Scrollable Search Results".

When I try to navigate the example with NVDA open, NVDA shouts correctly the
row in which I am, but those changes don't get reflected on the screen. It's
worth to say that this error can be reproduced only when you focus on the
header of each row, since the body seems to have no problem in focusing
correctly.

I would appreciate any response as any recommendation. As an additional
question, I would ask if NVDA is the correct tool to test these kind of
behaviors, which I am implementing in the sofware I am working on.

Thank you for your time. Greetings