From: Heidi Jungel <hjungel@atlassian.com>
Date: Friday, February 10, 2023 at 2:00 AM
To: public-aria-practices@w3.org <public-aria-practices@w3.org>
Subject: Text and Page contents section a11y issues
Good Afternoon,
I am on the W3C Authoring Practice website and with the updates, I have noticed a few things throughout this site.

Two core issues I ran into are:
1. Headings (particularly the Patterns) bleed past the container (https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/apg/patterns/) - breadcrumbs, disclosure
2. When in a particular pattern, the Page contents section blocks nearly the entire page. (https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/apg/patterns/dialog-modal/)

I am legally blind and use magnification and text magnification. The following are the specs of my environment:
OS: Mac OSx Monterey 12.6.3

Browser: Chrome 109.0.5414.119
Within Chrome Preferences:
Appearance ~ Font Size: Very Large
Appearance ~ Page Zoom:110%

Browser: Safari Version 16.3
Within Safari Preferences:
Advanced ~ New use font sizes smaller than: 18
Page Zoomed: 110%

If you have any questions, need additional information, or need some additional guidance (I am also a developer), please let me know. I am more than happy to help!

Thank you,
Heidi Jungel
Senior Accessibility Software Engineer, Central Accessibility
She / Her
[Atlassian logo]