From: Talyah Aviran <talyah@uxaccess.com>
Date: Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 3:43 PM
To: public-aria-practices@w3.org <public-aria-practices@w3.org>
Subject: APG - aria-live polite, Log, Status
Hi,
My name is Talyah Aviran.
I am a self-employed consultant working in the accessibility realm for about 13 years, coming from UX.
I always send my clients to the APG to learn more about particular design patterns and how to implement them in design and in code.
I loved the new look and feel of the website, you did a wonderful job as always !!

Aria-live
I would really be pleased to see a design pattern for aria-live regions.
Yes, there is an example for an alert, but I would like to see an example that shows the technique of designating an area on the page for polite messages.
It is difficult to explain to developers that they need to define a designated area on the page for aria-live that must be present when the page is rendered. A code and JS example will really help.

Log and Status
I would also love to see patterns for Log and Status (4.1.3 of WCAG2.1).

Thank you so much for your hard work.
Talyah

Talyah Aviran èìéä àáéøï
Certified Professional in Web Accessibility (CPWA)
Certified Usability Analyst (HFI CUA)
eMail:       t<mailto:t>alyah@uxaccess.com<mailto:alyah@uxaccess.com>
Website:  https://uxaccess.com<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/uxaccess.com__;!!DZ3fjg!9o-0fcyU6oP7ILX9O4Snb2IgHP6mhZIRq7c_2KD0VuCs4KjxpW-ovQPDMSQ9xhv5NGp1ErkPXRHWY5hV8ZY$>
Cell:         +972 55 8852121