W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-aria-practices@w3.org > November 2017

Meeting Minutes for Monday, 27 November 2017 ARIA Authoring Practices Task Force

From: Ku, Jaeun <jku@illinois.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 19:19:15 +0000
To: Matt King <a11ythinker@gmail.com>, "public-aria-practices@w3.org" <public-aria-practices@w3.org>
Message-ID: <CC73FA27-84BD-4262-8929-72A6ED3FF825@illinois.edu>
Here is the meeting minutes from 27 November 2017  ARIA Authoring Practices Task Force meeting.
Text version of meeting minutes is copied at the bottom. 

https://www.w3.org/2017/11/27-aria-apg-minutes.html


JaEun Jemma Ku
----------------------------------- 
 Text version of meeting minutes

W3C
- DRAFT -

ARIA APG TF

27 Nov 2017

Attendees

Present
evan, matt_king, JaEunJemmaKu, jamesn, siri, jongund
Regrets
brian, ann
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
jemma
Contents

Topics
Feedback on Accordion Description
Validation Issues
validation issue
Feedback on multi-thumb slider title attribute
Incomplete work and unresolved bugs
Pending reviews in current milestone
Publication Project Status
Summary of Action Items
Summary of Resolutions
<sirib> Thanks James
topic

<mck> https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/wiki/November-27%2C-2017-Meeting

Feedback on Accordion Description

<mck> An accordion is a vertically stacked set of interactive headings that each contain a title, content snippet, or thumbnail representing a section of content.
<mck> The headings function as controls that enable users to reveal or hide their associated sections of content. Accordions are commonly used to reduce the
<mck> need to scroll when presenting multiple sections of content on a single page.
https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/issues/501


<mck> Criticism of original wording: I think this lead paragraph on accordions may be confusing for some who will associate labels with form fields. I also find it slightly disjointed.
<jamesn> Github: https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/issues/501

<jamesn> mk: will make the change
Validation Issues

<jamesn> github-bot, end topic
Github: https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/issues/432


validation issue

<jamesn> Github:https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/issues/432

Github: https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/issues/432


james: I will talk to Michale Smith

s/cooper/smith

role="none" is supported throughout browsers.

<mck> https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/pull/421

<jamesn> github-bot, end topic
<jamesn> https://travis-ci.org/w3c/aria-practices/builds/306054596?utm_source=github_status&utm_medium=notification

james will fix 4 validation errors

Feedback on multi-thumb slider title attribute

https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/issues/520


discussion about "title in multi-thumb slider example

jongund: "title" to be removed.

Incomplete work and unresolved bugs

Jon's pull request was merged by Mck.

mck will do one more review and it will be done.

re: Michiel: Issue 242: Develop CSS for example of table design pattern

mck can check back with him

Bug up for grabs (asked Gerard): issue 531: Layout Grid Examples: Keyboard Tutorial NUX does not close when using IE 11

Gerad will do PR for 531 and 540

Up for grabs: Issue 101: Develop example of alert dialog design pattern

if this is not done, it will be ok since we have another dialog example.

<mck> Add feedback, compatibility, project, and pattern links to the top of all example pages
mck and james need to work on

Per feedback at TPAC, add the following links to each example page: Report Issue: link to github new issue page for the repo History and Plans: link to the github project for the example Browser and AT Support: Link to browser and assistive tech section of read me first Design Pattern: link to the design pattern for the example

Pending reviews in current milestone

Publication Project Status

dropdead date for having things ready is next Tuesday.

mck: I need to talk to Michael about the protocol.
... My goal is publishing on Dec 14

regret+ brian, ann

jon: question about multi-thumb -> used html validator and it complains about missing alt text on image

https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/issues/520


"aria-label" will overwrite "alt" attribute

http://w3c.github.io/aria-practices/examples/slider/multithumb-slider.html


jongund: do we add html attribute info, alt and add notes for html validation error?

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/11/27 19:06:27 $
Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/


Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

FAILED: s/cooper/smith/
Succeeded: s/Copper/Smith/
Present: evan matt_king JaEunJemmaKu jamesn siri jongund
Regrets: brian ann
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: jemma
Inferring Scribes: jemma

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth


WARNING: No date found!  Assuming today.  (Hint: Specify
the W3C IRC log URL, and the date will be determined from that.)
Or specify the date like this:
<dbooth> Date: 12 Sep 2002

People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]





On 11/27/17, 3:40 AM, "Matt King" <a11ythinker@gmail.com> wrote:

    Monday, 27 November 2017  ARIA Authoring Practices Task Force 
    
    Time: 10:00 AM US Pacific, 1:00 PM US Eastern 
    duration: 60 minutes
    IRC server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #aria-apg 
    Agenda: https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/wiki/November-27%2C-2017-Meeting

    Topics:
    * Feedback on Accordion Description
    * Validation Issues
    * Feedback on multi-thumb slider title attribute
    * Incomplete work and unresolved bugs
    * Pending reviews in current milestone
    * Publication Project Status
    
    ------------------------------------------------------- 
    To join the WebEx audio conference, you may call in via phone or join the online meeting and request a call back to any number.
    US toll call-in: +1-617-324-0000
    Access code (meeting number): 640 859 469
    Mobile Auto Dial:+1-617-324-0000,,,640859469#
    
    To join the online meeting:
    1. Go to https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=ma880be53415dc3d751387cd2fcc47cb7

    2. Enter your name and email address. 
    3. Enter the meeting password. You may ask for it on the IRC channel if you do not know it.
    4. Click "Join". 
    
    WebEx support:
    1. Go to https://mit.webex.com/mit/mc 
    2. From the left navigation bar, choose "Support".
    
    
    

Received on Monday, 27 November 2017 19:19:46 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 27 November 2017 19:19:46 UTC