W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-aria-at@w3.org > July 2020

MINUTES: 29 July 2020 ARIA and Assistive Technology Community Group

From: Gunderson, Jon R <jongund@illinois.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 20:27:55 +0000
To: "public-aria-at@w3.org" <public-aria-at@w3.org>
Message-ID: <DM6PR11MB434557C229FC37215EBF466DC8700@DM6PR11MB4345.namprd11.prod.outlook.com>
Link to minutes:
https://www.w3.org/2020/07/29-aria-at-minutes.html


[W3C]<http://www.w3.org/>

- DRAFT -
ARIA and Assistive Technology Community Group
29 Jul 2020

Agenda<https://github.com/w3c/aria-at/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3AAgenda%2B>

Attendees
Present
Matt_King, Jemma, Joe_Humbert, Jon Gunderson, Hadi Rangin, Bob Fentress, Michael Fairchild
Regrets
Chair
Matt King
Scribe
jongund
Contents

  *   Topics<https://www.w3.org/2020/07/29-aria-at-minutes.html#agenda>
     *   Access for Hadi and students<https://www.w3.org/2020/07/29-aria-at-minutes.html#item01>
     *   Bocoup update<https://www.w3.org/2020/07/29-aria-at-minutes.html#item02>
     *   Open pull requests<https://www.w3.org/2020/07/29-aria-at-minutes.html#item03>
     *   key.mjs file<https://www.w3.org/2020/07/29-aria-at-minutes.html#item04>
  *   Summary of Action Items<https://www.w3.org/2020/07/29-aria-at-minutes.html#ActionSummary>
  *   Summary of Resolutions<https://www.w3.org/2020/07/29-aria-at-minutes.html#ResolutionSummary>

________________________________

<rob_fentress> present

Access for Hadi and students

<Matt_King> Hadi can't log into aria-at.w3.org

<Matt_King> MK: what's required is membership in the tester's team in github

<Matt_King> mk: have to be member of w3 org

<Matt_King> Hadi: I have joined group formally

jongund scribe: jongund

jongund jongund: Hadi and students can't login to aria-at.w3.org

jongund MK: Must be on the tester team

jongund Jemma: Simon adds people to tester team

jongund MK: I think I can and Michael can add people to the team

jongund Hadi: I am a member of this group

jongund MK: He needs to be in the w3c org

jongund MK: There should be some information on the wiki

jongund MK: ... reviewing current members

jongund MK: It is not everyone who did testing

jongund Jemma: Simon took github handles and added them

jongund .. discussion of various teams ...

jongund MK: We need to add you to a gitub team

<scribe> ACTION: MK will add Hadi to testing

Bocoup update

MK: I have budget for the 40 weeks on rest of the year for Bocoup time
... So part of that work will be V2 of aria-at app
... Use case prioritization for V2
... We could discuss that today
... We have some usability feedback, also identify missing features
... Prototyping screen reader automation
... We will pick one or two screen reader with prototyping automation
... This will take a long time, so this is just a starting place
... A certain amount of this time will the APG design work
... Other piece of Bocoup update
... Face book is committed to the project
... By the end of 2023 there will be 5 screen readers know how they work with every APG patterns
... I didn't say a specific browsers, the NVDA, JAWS, VO on macOS, VO iOS and Talkback on Android

Hadi: I would like to discuss adding Narrator to the list

MK: No screen reader is excluded, for example Orca and Narrator can be included, but Facebook is committed to the first 5 mentioned
... I am trying to give a clear outcome for the Facebook investiment
... Facebook is willing to support the vision

RF: Do you think Microsoft would be willing to support

MK: I would not recommend talking to other companies right now, I am working on a plan
... The team that we have and the state we are in, we have limited resources to bring in more screen readers

Hadi: The landscape of screen readers users is changing, within a year Narrator may become much be more popular
... I suggest we at least invite them, and maybe they can become a good player

<Jemma> https://github.com/w3c/aria-at/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3AAgenda%2B

Hadi: They are doing custom changes that every browser can benefit from

MK: This is an open group, so people from Microsoft is welcome to participate
... Increasing scope to include Narrator will take more disucussion
... Bocoup will return around August 17th
... Bocoup may participate in August 12th meeting

Open pull requests

<Jemma> https://github.com/w3c/aria-at/pull/284

https://github.com/w3c/aria-at/pull/284

MK: can JG look at this one too

<Jemma> https://github.com/w3c/aria-at/pull/283

https://github.com/w3c/aria-at/pull/283

MF: I request the HTML files be rebuilt

BF: I did that

MF: I will review

MK: Simon requested the generated files in the pull request not be included
... Generated files a useful for testing the test cases, but when you merge that the generated files are ignored
... We need to right a rule to ignore HTML files in the test case directory
... Do we need to put in a .gitignore in each direcorty

MF: There are some other ways by restructuring the project

MK: There is a part of me that ..., the CSV files are the source and we are doing a make

MF: The .gitignore is kind of hacky
... I would need to do some investigation on the test harness to know who the commit could be use to generate the files

MK: I am going to create a use case of the issue
... We don't what them ignored in the GH pages

MF: If there is no build process..

MK: We have a build process

MF: We need a larger discussion with Bocoup
... We just need to do what we are doing now

MK: We have 4 changed files and there were no conflicts
... We just keep going along as we are until we can figure out a better way
... We need to prioritize test writing and make sure the test are easy for people to review
... MF will look at 383

https://github.com/w3c/aria-at/pull/272

MF: It is improving validation and JG approved
... Should I merge?

MK: OK to merge

MF: I will do it right now

https://github.com/w3c/aria-at/pull/267

MFL This would have been caught if we had the validotor

MK: Merge this too

MF: Merged
... Lodash merged

https://github.com/w3c/aria-at/pull/266

MK: Merge this
... We can go back and rewrite some menu bar tests

RF: We can change some shift+tab and tab commands

https://github.com/w3c/aria-at/pull/163

MF: I might just close this one
... Adjust commands to assign names to them

MK: Same command could be used multiple tests?

MF: Add additional information to each command about what it does

key.mjs file

<Joe_Humbert_> I have to jump off. Jon Gunderson get in touch will me so we can look at conflicts

MK: In my view when you read through this thing, I feel we need to normailze it some how

<Jemma> https://github.com/w3c/aria-at/blob/master/tests/resources/keys.mjs

MK: looking at the file..
... We have entries, like line 7, 8 and 9, control+option....
... 9 is just both 7 and 8
... This is for tests that require both 7 and 8 to work
... I think this getting out of control when we add more ATs, so we need to think about this file

Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: MK will add Hadi to testing

Summary of Resolutions
[End of minutes]
________________________________
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version (CVS log<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2020/07/29 20:01:45 $
________________________________
Scribe.perl diagnostic output
[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]

This is scribe.perl Revision of Date

Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/



Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)



Present: Matt_King Jemma Joe_Humbert

No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: jongund

Inferring Scribes: jongund

Agenda: https://github.com/w3c/aria-at/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3AAgenda%2B



WARNING: No date found!  Assuming today.  (Hint: Specify

the W3C IRC log URL, and the date will be determined from that.)

Or specify the date like this:

<dbooth> Date: 12 Sep 2002



People with action items: add hadi mk will



WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.

You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.





WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this

warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain

a link to the original IRC log.)




[End of scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> diagnostic output]


Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., CPWA
Coordinator of Accessible IT Group
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
1207 S. Oak Street
Champaign, IL 61820

Phone: (217) 244-5870
E-mail: jongund@illinois.edu<mailto:jongund@illinois.edu?Subject=Re%3A%20Alternative%20date%20combobox%20grid%20date%20picker%20example%20for%20ARIA%20APG&In-Reply-To=%3CBYAPR11MB3413C2168E1DF82F6E4C7B2CC8BE0%40BYAPR11MB3413.namprd11.prod.outlook.com%3E&References=%3CBYAPR11MB3413C2168E1DF82F6E4C7B2CC8BE0%40BYAPR11MB3413.namprd11.prod.outlook.com%3E><mailto:jongund@illinois.edu<mailto:jongund@illinois.edu?Subject=Re%3A%20Alternative%20date%20combobox%20grid%20date%20picker%20example%20for%20ARIA%20APG&In-Reply-To=%3CBYAPR11MB3413C2168E1DF82F6E4C7B2CC8BE0%40BYAPR11MB3413.namprd11.prod.outlook.com%3E&References=%3CBYAPR11MB3413C2168E1DF82F6E4C7B2CC8BE0%40BYAPR11MB3413.namprd11.prod.outlook.com%3E>>
www: https://go.illinois.edu/jongund



image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)

Received on Wednesday, 29 July 2020 20:28:11 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Wednesday, 29 July 2020 20:28:13 UTC