RE: 7 Day Call for Consensus March 17, 2016 ARIA Working Group Resolutions

From: Matt King [mailto:a11ythinker@gmail.com]
Sent: 29 March 2016 16:42

“Instead, could we place a normative requirement on screen readers to do 2 things when a password field is encountered:

1.       Automatically turn off key echo while focus is in the password field.

2.       If key echo was on, echo exactly what is typed in the field instead.”

This would solve the problem I think, and it seems that Joannie has already implemented something very like it in Orca.

Léonie.

--

@LeonieWatson tink.uk Carpe diem.