RE: 7 Day Call for Consensus March 17, 2016 ARIA Working Group Resolutions

From: Rich Schwerdtfeger [mailto:richschwer@gmail.com]
Sent: 17 March 2016 19:12
To: ARIA Working Group <public-aria-admin@w3.org>
Subject: 7 Day Call for Consensus March 17, 2016 ARIA Working Group Resolutions

This is a Call for Consensus (CfC) to the Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA) Working Group on the following resolution:
1. Accept Joanie’s addition of a new password addressing Action 2004:
https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/password-role/aria/aria.html#password

I object to the password role. Unless I’m missing something, it leaves open the possibility that an AT will behave as though the characters input into the field are obscured, when visually they may not be. A screen reader user cannot be certain that their password is adequately protected from being observed.

Léonie.

--

@LeonieWatson tink.uk Carpe diem.