Re: 7 Day Call for Consensus March 17, 2016 ARIA Working Group Resolutions

On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 23:55:22 +0200, Rich Schwerdtfeger
<richschwer@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> Good to hear from you again.
>
> 1. Backward compatibility
>
> I understand. Is there a way for you to patch other versions?

This is IMHO a really big concern. Given a broad deployment of stuff that
can't obviously be updated, any security solution should not leave people
unsecured just because they didn't upgrade. So a solution should be
designed so it doesn't get applied in an insecure context, like an old AT
missing the patching we hope will one day make this issue irrelevant.

cheers

Chaals