Re: 7 Day Call for Consensus March 17, 2016 ARIA Working Group Resolutions

Hi Rich,

Yes, I have seen events transpire on this topic. You will note I wrote the
following on my previous post:

> Moving forward however, yes, if the screen reader vendors agree with a
MUST requirement on their software tools, then that may very likely be a
solution: it is, as I noted previously, a question of trust. It is useful
that Freedom Scientific has indicated agreement with Joanie's proposal (
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria-admin/2016Mar/0052.html),
and that Orca will also support this model, <strong>but I would love to
hear feedback from both Apple and NVDA on this (as well as Dolphin
Software/SuperNova, Serotek/System Access, and other screen reader vendors)
before we assume this as a final decision. Partial support will be a scary
scenario as well for affected users.</strong>

Question: have we heard from any other screen reader vendors? Has there
been a concerted effort to seek that feedback? While this seems like a
workable plan, the devil as they say is in the details. For example,
without support from VoiceOver here I think it would be a dead-on-delivery
solution.

I will wait to see and hear the response from these vendors and the crucial
role they will play on this proposal.

JF