Re: [archives-and-linked-data] Schema.org Archive/ArchiveComponent extensions in ArchiveGrid

Hi Bruce (ccing the public-architypes group),

This is awesome, and I'm excited to play around with this more;
particularly from the standpoint of consuming this data. Could you add this
announcement to the pull request for Architypes? <
https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/pull/1784>

Per your question about holding information: The structure that the
Architypes extension proposes is the use of `holdingArchive`. I will note
that there is some discussion on Richard Wallis's unmerged pull request
linked above to add the Architypes extension to Schema.org about potential
patterns. Steven Folsom from Cornell notes that a potential
`holds`/`heldBy` relationship might be useful, and I want to emphasize and
acknowledge the distinction between a holding, offering, and ownership. My
inclination that your parallel relationships are probably fine but we
should document this distinction.

I'm not sure of the origin of the current ArchivesSpace JSON-LD expression
but I think Mark Custer at Yale, who is involved in this group wrote the
ticket: <https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1484>. What I infer
from the discussion was that the implemented expression doesn't totally
converge with Architypes, and that there was at some point a decision to
delay further implementation until the Architypes proposal was incorporated
into Schema.org.

Cheers,
Mark