Re: Archive proposals to enhance Schema.org accepted and published

Great news Richard! A big thanks to all in this group who contributed to thrashing out these new archive specific terms, and to yourself for taking things forward on our behalf.

I have long since meant to inform the group that we at the Archives Hub implemented a small set of schema.org terms last year on our live service, example:

https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb3184-sk

Which contains:

<script type="application/ld+json">
 {
  "@context" : "http://schema.org",
  "@type" : "CreativeWork",
  "@id" : "https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb3184-sk",
  "identifier" : {
    "@type" : "PropertyValue",
    "PropertyID" : "Archives Hub Identifier",
    "value" : "gb 3184 sk"
  },
  "name" : "Stanley Kubrick Archive",
  "dateCreated" : "c1945-2002",
  "inLanguage" : "English",
  "description" : "The collection spans Kubrick's entire career from his time as a photographer in the 1940s and early 1950s until his last film in 1999 (Eyes Wide Shut). Kubrick died during the editing of Eyes Wide Shut and some items relating to the release/finished version were added by his staff. They have been included because they were held with the main collection, at the creator's home, following the pattern of what he kept and were deposited with the Archive. The collection covers the film making process from pre until post production and includes: production paperwork [including pre and post production] props costumes publicity materials, both finished posters etc and drafts production photographs. stills and slides research paperwork and photographs plans etc for how to film scenes books audiovisuals drawings and artwork equipment press cuttings",
  "about" : [ "Motion picture producers and directors", "Action photography", "Cinematography", "Costume design", "Costume designers", "Motion picture actors and actresses", "Science fiction", "Brand name products", "Broadcasting", "Photography", "Visual arts", "Kubrick Stanley 1928-1999 film director", "Harlan Jan producer", "Warner Brothers", "Hobby Films", "Metro Goldwyn Meyer", "United Artists", "Minotaur Productions", "Harris-Kubrick Productions", "Bryna Productions", "Universal Pictures", "Columbia Pictures", "Hawk Films Ltd", "Kubrick family" ]
}
</script>

Validator link:

https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool#url=https%3A%2F%2Farchiveshub.jisc.ac.uk%2Fdata%2Fgb3184-sk

We decided not to implement the archive terms until they were agreed, so we will now look to adding them when we can.

Adrian
_____________________________
Adrian Stevenson
Senior Technical Coordinator for the Archives Hub
Jisc Manchester
6th Floor, Churchgate House
56 Oxford Street
Manchester