Re: Updated Schema Architypes Straw Man Proposal

Hi Richard,

Great, thanks.

Just looking at the #Archive Collection for the time being:

1. Overall this tallies with my attempts - so I’m pleased that I seem to be going in the right direction.

2. can you just clarify for me the syntax re. the creator

schema:creator [ a schema:Person ;
            schema:name "Ronnie Barker" ;
            schema:sameAs <http://viaf.org/viaf/2676198> ] ;

You would do this every time you introduce Types?  So you might do it if you had, for example,  schema:publisher [a schema: Organization

3. just a small error really, but schema: identifier should be GB71 THM/407  and not 407/8. You’ve put temporal coverage as 1954-2005 but its actually 1929-2005 for the whole collection.

4. hasPart

This particular collection has something like 500 parts (series, sub series, items). To my mind it is not generally going to be practical to use ‘has part’ in this way. I don’t think that matters, as I guess the principle is that you can indicate parts of a whole if you wish to. If I did want to do this, would it be:

schema:hasPart "https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb71-thm/407/thm/407/1" ;
schema:hasPart "https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb71-thm/407/thm/407/2” ;
schema:hasPart "https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb71-thm/407/thm/407/3” ;
schema:hasPart "https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb71-thm/407/thm/407/4” ;

I’m not yet sure of the benefits of listing 500 parts in this way.

5. extent

I definitely don’t want to include all the descriptive information within the schema.org representation, but I would tend to include the size of the collection as core information. At present I don’t think there is a property that we could use for this?

6. archiveHeld

Could this description include:

schema:archiveHeld "V&A Theatre and Performance Collections”

7. Language