Re: Archive Collection and Archived Item

Jane,

I absolutely agree, that's exactly the first step we are doing in our
analysis--understand the scope and goals of Schema.org, being aware that
discoverability is probably the most evident one. However, starting from
that point, ie respecting the nature of Schema.org, many choices can be
made. When I wrote "try and create an Extension that would fit better
our (archival) perspective" I meant that we should try and make the
choices that - while respecting the nature of Schema.org and
accomplishing its goals - are better suited to what I may call an
archival perspective. Each domain has developed concepts and methods
that may help shaping the Schema--otherwise the concept of Extension
itslef would be useless. So, let's take advantage of this body of
knowledge. I'm no custodian of the Sacred Archival Knowledge, but I'd
like - if possible and makes sense - to imbue the Archival Extension
with some archival knowledge--it seems perfectly reasonable to me, as
long as this doesn't conflict with the overall design of Schema.org.

The practical dimension, the inclusion in the global information
community, the reuse of vocabularies... I guess we all share these
principles. However, these are just principles, so they can be
interpreted and implemented in different ways.

Giovanni