RE: Archive as a collection of things

It seems like http://schema.org/Event and/or http://schema.org/Action could help track the history of an item. The connection back to the ArchivalItem items could presumably be made using http://schema.org/object.

> 2) I'm not sure "hold" can be defined as a temporary ownership. For what I
> know the difference is legal. Objects may be held for decades by agent X, yet
> the property right may be held by agent Y. "To Hold" is about keeping stuff, "To
> Own" is about having a title of property on it.

This seems somewhat analogous to https://schema.org/TradeAction cases where temporal/transient control can be expressed and attached to a thing, again via http://schema.org/object.

Jeff