Re: Engaging with other groups and simplifying ours

On 28 November 2012 13:06, Rob Manson <roBman@mob-labs.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> over the next week I'm going to create a range of wiki pages for us to
> collect feedback and input to form submissions to the other working groups
> listed on the Related Standards[1] page.  The Augmented Web provides a
> unique perspective and I think it's important that we collate some combined
> feedback/input for each of these groups to make sure they're aware of our
> goals and requirements.
>
> As part of this I think it's important that we present as an organised and
> professional group.  Our group is the only one that has such a large number
> of Chairs.  No offense to the existing Chairs but this was setup in a very
> ad-hoc way and without any group discussion.  In order to simplify this
> structure I have updated this so I am the current Chair. And as you have
> seen recently I am committed to working to develop this group.  If you
> think this action is unfair or invalid in any way please let me know.  I'm
> more than happy to either discuss this in public on this list or feel free
> to email me directly in private.  My goal here is simply to bring our group
> structure in line with the vast majority of other W3C Community Groups.
>
> I'd also encourage you to checkout the Demo and Projects page[2] if you
> haven't already as I've added a few more examples.  They're great for
> getting people thinking about what will really be possible with the
> Augmented Web.
>
> And I'd also encourage you to share any thoughts you have about the topics
> raised on the Social Implications page[3] and contribute content to their
> wiki pages too.
>
> And last but not least, please share a link to this group via twitter,
> facebook, g+ and linkedin so we can grow our community.  The Augmented Web
> is evolving quickly and the more people involved in this group and our
> discussions the better our ability to shape this process.

Something I'm working on is a task system that will allow projects in local
communities to be recorded, browsed and organized.  I'd love to use AR
techniques to make for a better user experience.  I should hopefully have
something to demo around end of this year.

It's great to see people wishing to actively participate in development of
this group and outreach.

+1 from me! :)