Re: [AR Standards Discussion] I've created a Related Standards pagefor the group

Hi George,

> Good to see AR discussion in W3C.  Enjoyed your paper at the AR
> Community meeting.

Thanks.

> Suggest your list of AR standards should add ARML2.

I was going to include it but it doesn't currently have any web browsers
that parse or support it.  So at the moment it can't currently be
classified as an Augmented Web related standard.

The dynamic binding is closer and if somebody implemented a library that
makes this work within one of the mainstream web browsers then that
could change.  But for now I would classify it as an "AR Standard" and
not an "Augmented Web Standard".

BTW: Have any of the AR Browser Vendors committed to implementing it?
 From memory both Martin and Hafez said that they weren't yet working on
this.

> News about  POI WG:
> Ian Jacobs sent a mail to W3C members that the POI WG is closed as of
> September 2012, and that no further progress is foreseen. See
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2012JulSep/0061.html (member
> only).
> A "Places" community group
> <http://www.w3.org/community/places/> focusing on representing POI in
> microformats, RDF and JSON has been created. The Open Geospatial
> Consortium <http://www.opengeospatial.org/> is in the process of
> creating a standards working group to standardize the POI conceptual
> data model and XML encoding.

Yep I saw the email about that on the POI WG mailing list.  If any
"Place/Location" based standards based on
microformats/microdata/RDF/JSON please let me know and I'll add that to
the Related Standards list.

roBman