Re: Cross-site Requests and Custom HTTP Headers

mike amundsen wrote:
> I propose the following HTTP Headers be added to the white list:
>
> Accept
> Accept-Language
> Accept-Ranges
> Age
> Allow
> Cache-Control
> Content-Disposition
> Content-Language
> Content-Location
> Content-MD5
> Content-Range
> Content-Type
> ETag
> Expect
> Expires
> From
> If-Match
> If-Modified-Since
> If-None-Match
> If-Range
> If-Unmodified-Since
> Last-Modified
> Location
> Max-Forwards
> Pragma
> Range
> Refresh
> Retry-After
> Server
> Transfer-Encoding
> User-Agent
> Vary
> Warning

So first off this whitelist only matters for GET requests. So headers
that doesn't make sense for GET I don't see a reason to allow, that
especially includes request headers.

I'm wondering what you based this list on, and why you think that these
headers are all going to be safe? For example Content-MD5 (apart from
the fact that it doesn't make sense for GET requests) seems dangerous if
the server relies on it being truthful.

/ Jonas

/ Jonas