Re: CSR and Mozilla - Clarifying HTTP Header Filtering

On Feb 20, 2008, at 21:49, Mark Baker wrote:

> On 2/20/08, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi> wrote:
>> What changes is that the browser in on the other side of the firewall
>> unlike curl or an open proxy.
>
> Hmm, good point.  Come to think of it, we've discussed this before.
> But in that case, the attack is upon firewalls, not broken servers.

No, in that case the attack scenario is upon a broken intranet server
that the attacker couldn't reach from outside the firewall but can
from a browser that runs inside the firewall but has loaded scripts
from the outside.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi