Re: Proposal for ... POST when dealing with large numbers of URIs

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 00:01:47 +0100, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Feb 2008, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> The current specification does not prepend a slash. It requires the URI
>> to match the abs_path production from RFC 2616. It does append a slash
>> for comparison purposes. I explained this in the other e-mail.
>
> The spec is somewhat unclear about this. In particular:
>
>  * I can't find where it says what to do if the Policy-Path isn't an
>    abs_path.

If ...-Policy-Path can't be parsed the generic network error steps are
applied. For instance, this would happen if it contains the value #PING ;-)

>  * I can't find where it says what to do if the Policy-Path on the
>    original OPTIONS request is the same as the original request URI.

Fixed.

>  * "If policy URI with an additional trailing slash, if not present,"
>    doesn't really make sense to me. How can an _additional_ trailing
>    slash ever be present? You can always add more slashes... I
>    recommend simply being more explicit and tedious in the explanation.

It's a lot more explicit now.

> Later it says "The Access-Control-Origin header is set, obviously". I
> don't think there's anything obvious about it. :-)

In the section that defines "cross-site access requests" this is made
quite clear (end of 5.1). Is that not sufficient?

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>