Re: More clarity about cookie handling

Thanks for your comments. I will reply again later when I make the draft
more clear, but I thought it would be nice to point out some
misunderstandings right away.

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 19:03:46 +0100, Jon Ferraiolo <jferrai@us.ibm.com>
wrote:
> ----------------
> When making a cross-site access request user agents:
> * SHOULD NOT transmit cookies or HTTP header data
> ----------------

Just a quick response. Cookies are transmitted if the user previously
authenticated at the site the request goes towards. The idea is that
cookie information in the _response_ is not revealed (responseXML.cookie
for instance) and also that Web authors can not set cookie headers.

> * I expect the words "HTTP header data" might need some work since the
> specification does indicate that in some cases some HTTP headers are
> sent.

This is again, about the response.

> * Although I haven't discovered any specific security problems, that
> doesn't mean none exists.

Agreed. :-)

--
Anne van Kesteren