Re: [AC] Access Control Algorithm

On 2007-03-27 15:57:28 +0200, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> You mean the following I think:
>
>   [([*.*.example.com], [*.corp.example.com])
>   ,([bigboss.corp.example.com], [])]

> (Note the extra * before example.com.)

I think it's an open issue whether a "*" matches a label or an
arbitrary subdomain.  For the sake of argument, I was assuming it to
match an arbitrary subdomain.

> I agree that this is indeed much easier to address using your
> proposal unless we try to go into the "* is less important than
> label" thing again which would probably make it more complicated.

We were in the "priority" department before; that algorithm *really*
wasn't understood by anybody, and the pair approach was the response
to that.

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>