Re: [XBL] Supporting non-ECMAScript scripting languages

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Cameron McCormack wrote:

> The document is currently (understandably) biased towards ECMAScript.
> Some parts however, such as section 5.4, are described only in terms of
> how ECMAScript is supported.  There should be language in there to guide
> implementors on how to support other scripting languages (for example on
> how the public/private implementation objects should look in general).

It really depends on the language. I don't see how generic text could be
written. Do you have any suggestions? If any other languages were to be
used, they'd need a spec first anyway to ensure interoperability, so I'm
not sure that it would help to have suggestive text.