Re: [XBL] Registering Event Handlers with the handler Element

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Cameron McCormack wrote:

> 6.2 Registering Event Handlers with the handler Element
>
>   For instance, in XHTML the default action for a mouse click on an
>   html:a element or one of its descendants is to traverse the link.
>
> That’s not true.  The default action of the mouse click is to dispatch
> a DOMActivate event, which is the event whose default action is actually
> to traverse the link.

In some versions of HTML and the DOM, you are correct. However, this isn't
guarenteed to remain that way, and in any case, for the purposes of the
example, I think it's close enough. Unless you have a better example?

> The phase attribute should take keywords rather than numbers, since
> these will be easier to remember—especially since 0x78626C44 is never
> going to be remembered by authors.  This would then be consistent with
> how the key-location and attr-change attributes work.

The phase attribute does take keywords... What makes you think it doesn't?