Re: [XBL] The handler Element

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Cameron McCormack wrote:

> 2.11 The handler Element
>
>   If default-action is specified, then the event handler must only be
>   fired during the default phase (if it occurs). Otherwise, the handler
>   must only be fired during the bubbling phase.
>
> Does this mean that if a handler for the default-action phase is
> specified, but the given event does not have such a phase, that the
> handler is fired during the bubbling phase?  Or not at all?  This should
> be made clearer.

It seems pretty clear to me. The context is:

   This attribute... When specified, the value must be one of capture,
   target, bubble, or default-action. If capture... capturing... If
   target... target.... If default-action... default... Otherwise...
   bubbling...

Did you interpret the Otherwise as referring to the parenthetical?