Re: [ac] Updates to Access-Control document

On 2007-02-07 20:38:06 +0100, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> * Thomas Roessler wrote:

> >The HTTP header BNF in the current draft actually reflects that
> >idea:
> >
> >  rule           ::= "allow" 1*( SP pattern ) [ SP "except" 1* (SP pattern) ]
> >  ruleset        ::= 1#( rule )

> It'd be great if the Working Group would not make yet another BNF syntax
> up, the above is neither one of W3C's many EBNF variants nor IETF ABNF.

This is intended to be in the ABNF used in RFC 2616 (the HTTP spec);
a quick check suggests that it actually conforms to that.

(It's entirely possible that I'm not spotting some error right now,
so feel free to suggest changes.  Actually, the SPs should probably
be replaced by LWS...)

Cheers,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>