Re: Widget Requirements

On 31/01/07, Marcos Caceres <m.caceres@qut.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi All,
> Thanks to feedback we received at the Boston Face 2 Face, the Widget
> 1.0 Requirements document has been substantially updated [1]. We've
> added a bunch of new requirements (and got rid of some others). The
> document is now more focused on mobile delivery. We are hoping to
> republish the document soon (hopefully in the next two week), so
> please keep sending us your comments.

A couple of notes - I think you brush rather lightly over requirements
related to security APIs e.g. R19 and R11 are only SHOULD and MAY, I'd
like to see widgets fully address this issue of how a widget can
negotiate with a user (through preferences or whatever) access to
different API's.  So I'd like to see a MUST here (of course this is a
very difficult requirement, but ...)

R25 also seems overlay restrictive for a requirements doc, why MUST
the eventual spec not allow widgets to change the update IRI and why
MUST they periodically check, looks like you're pre-judging the result
of later discussions.

Cheers,

Jim.