Re: Review of http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-access-control-20071126/

On 2007-12-13 07:28:49 -0500, Arthur Barstow wrote:

> I see some value in including descriptive text regarding the
> algorithms such as the "intentional" text Stuart supplied in [1].

+1 to having descriptive text.

The last few exercises I've seen in which algorithms were specified
in this way led to significant pain -- namely, the URI spec proper,
and the xml:base fix-up in Canonical XML 1.1.

Also, I seem to recall that somebody from Mozilla (Henry or Jonas?)
said at the TP that they had implemented something "like" this
algorithm, but not the algorithm itself.  That, too, might suggest
that an actual definition is a better idea than an algorithm.

But then again, my memory might be wrong.

--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>