Re: XHTML and MIME

On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 18:03:37 +0100, T.V Raman <raman@google.com> wrote:
> It's always been a mystery to me as to why   people advocating
> tag-soup continuation assert "we can build a DOM from tag-soup"
> but then immediately insist on never doing failure recovery when
> parsing  xhtml.

Partially because a pretty large community (as I perceive it anyway)
considers that to be harmful. I also don't really see the point in doing
failure recovery when parsing XHTML, except perhaps for debugging, but
then sites that fail are most likely not debugged in your product anyway.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>