Re: [XBL] CSS support for XBL 2.0 user agents: Yes or no?

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 karl@w3.org wrote:

># XBL user agents that do not support CSS should not render the XBL
># elements.
>
> Though earlier in the specification, it is said:
>
># The element attribute of the binding element and the includes attribute
># of the content element, if specified, must be parsed according to the
># rules in the Selectors specification. [SELECTORS]

I do not understand the reference to the part of the specification that
mentions Selectors above. What about it?

> The XBL 2 specification has to define what "do not support CSS" means.
> Which level, and/or which individual modules?

It doesn't really matter -- the specification gives two options, one for
CSS-aware UAs, and one for CSS-unaware UAs. Whether or not a particular UA
supports CSS or not is up to the UA's vendor, really; the result either
way as far as XBL is concerned is the same. Basically this is just
requiring a behaviour and then describing it in terms of CSS, so that it
can be overridden in CSS contexts.

Let me know if this doesn't satisfy you.