Re: [XBL] Loading External resources with XBL 2.0 and HTTP caching

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 karl@w3.org wrote:

># When the specification says that the resource must be loaded unless it
># has already been loaded, then references to the same resource (even if
># they are somewhat indirect, for example via HTTP redirects) must result
># in the same instance being reused, or shared.
>
> The specification doesn't specify what it means "has been already
> loaded". Does the XBL user agent has to take into account the HTTP
> caching rules? If yes, say so. A prefetched resource might change
> between the time it has been prefetched and the time it is actually
> used.

Since the specification refers to _instances_, the distinction you refer
to doesn't matter.

I have tried to make this clearer by explicitly saying it is the Document
instead that is shared. Let me know if you still think it is unclear.

Cheers,